Hey guys so I thought I would share a recipe for Chai Tea Syrup which is absolutely delicious. It's great for if you need a little pick me up and is a lot cheaper than buying it from the coffee shop.
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
A bay leaf
3 tbsp vanilla
Honey or agave nectar
- Firstly, fill a medium sized pot with 3 cups of water and wait until it reaches boiling point.
- Put in the 3 tea bags that you have chosen to use and turn it down to a simmer while you stir.
- Once the tea has seeped into the water a bit add a teaspoon of cinnamon, a sprinkle of ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and the bay leaf and stir. By now it should be smelling really good!
- Add the honey or agave nectar to taste, the amount just depends on how sweet you like it so make sure to try it.
- Stir again with a wooden spoon for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and is an almost soup-like consistency. If you're impatient like me, just mix it for as long as you like but taste it to make sure all the flavours have combined and have been absorbed.
- Turn off the stove, remove the bay leaf and teabags and add 3 tablespoons of vanilla.
- Let the mixture cool and pour into a glass bottle with a top to store in the fridge for later. You can add it to soy milk or almond milk etc and drink it hot or cold!
Alternatively, you can make the chai to be drunk straight away instead of storing it. If you choose to do so, pour in the amount of water that suits how much you want to drink and also include the milk that you have chosen in the stove process :)