Friday 19 July 2013

♡What To Pack When Travelling♡

  As promised, here is a post on what to pack when travelling! Being in my fourth week of backpacking with two of my friends I can now confidently say I know what the necessities are and what just takes up unnecessary space.
I thought I'd also let you know that I am typing this as I take the train from Utrecht (a city in the Netherlands), where we spent a day relaxing at my friends Auntie's house, which was needed after spending weeks in hostels and having spent the night on a 10 hour bus trip, to Amsterdam.

What you need to pack obviously depends on where you're going and what the weather is like but the main things that are needed are:
•Passport (if you're leaving the country)
•Photo ID eg. Drivers licence
•Cash
•Debit/credit card
  •Travel Insurance
•A phone
  If that's all you take somewhere you will be able to survive, maybe not comfortably but when it comes down to it they're what you definitely need.

The things that you need to take to make things easier and a bit more comfortable are:
•A towel, I suggest a micro towel as they take up less space and dry a lot quicker
  •A bed sheet - you can buy bed sheets that are sewn on the side and at the end so when you lie in it you are completely consumed by it. These are good for if you stay somewhere were the beds are questionable
•A couple of good changes of shoes, especially if you do a lot of walking. I had a pair of shoes that I loved but broke half way through the trip and resulted in me falling over numerous times... Which wasn't fun
•A first aid kit - I didn't think I'd need one so didn't take one but through this trip I have suffered a variety of burns, bruises, swollen ankles etc and have needed to buy a multitude of things as I go
•Changes of underwear, obviously you want to be as hygienic as you can but don't overdo it as you can wash as you go
•Last, but not least, deodorant!!! With all the walking and moving I assume you'll be doing you need to ensure that people aren't deterred by your smell. You want to be as pleasant as possible so I suggest carrying it around with you if you intend on going on long walks.

I hope you enjoyed this short and sweet post, I've typed it up on my phone as I took full advantage of the free wifi on the train.
My next post will be about the Salvador Dali exhibition I saw in Berlin. Hopefully it won't be too long until I post it. 
xx



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment! I read all comments and when I do it leaves a smile on my face ♡ If you've asked a question I will definitely answer it so check back to read my response :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...