Wednesday 24 April 2013

♡Animal Cruelty♡

Hi guys, today I want to talk about one of the many things that makes me passionate and that is animals.
Although I don't agree with everything that PETA does I am a part of both their emailing list and their mailing list but I had never received a letter from them until the other day.
This letter contained a survey and also two double sided pages of information regarding the fur industries treatment towards cats and dogs as well as other animals.
 
I've always been aware of the fur industry so have never bought real fur but I didn't know that animals killed for their fur are sometimes domestic cats and dogs that are stolen from their families.
Nor did I realise that fur which originates from cats and dogs is sold under different labelling in countries around the world including Australia.
Reading this letter my cat was curled up on my lap and I was horrified by facts that I both knew and didn't know.
What makes people think it is okay to bludgeon, drown, and skin alive animals in order to save money and to avoid damage to the fur?? It disgusts and angers me.
Did you know that cats and dogs continue to breathe five minutes after they are skinned alive?
Other animals also go through this torture and I have to tell  you that kittens and puppies are not exempt.

I know all this may be shocking but please read on. I want you to know exactly what is going on because you can make a difference.
We need to speak for those who can not speak or protect themselves.
A PETA Asia affiliate actually saw this firsthand in China and recorded it on video tape, more proof that this is actually happening.

Although there is a lot of bad news in relaiton to the treatment of animals there are also a lot of positives.
Polo Ralph Lauren, one of the largest retailers in the world, went fur-free after meeting with PETA and seeing the investigative footage of Chinese fur farms. Top designers like Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein have also permanently removed fur from their collections after meeting with PETA.
Please, never buy or wear fur and tell everyone you know the terrible price animals have paid for it.

I also have to say that although some of PETA's campaigns are wonderful sometimes their methods are questionable so I do not support them as an organisation entirely.

If you are aware of any designers, companies or stores selling products that contain animal fur then I urge you to please contact them either in person, email or letter explaining to them what industry they are contributing to.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and leave a comment! I read all comments and when I do it leaves a smile on my face ♡ If you've asked a question I will definitely answer it so check back to read my response :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...